Leuven Accountants will work with (international) non-profit organisations (ASBL) from their constitution until their eventual dissolution and liquidation. We can help associations with the following tasks:
- Assistance in obtaining the legal status of ‘ASBL’.
- Drafting the statutes of the ASBL as well as additional “internal household rules” if needed.
- Technical advice regarding the association’s structure: the constituent assembly; the board of administrators; daily management (concerning accountability exoneration clause); the board of representation; the possible nomination of an auditor; and also assistance at the AGM.
- Membership list (possible submittal to the clerk office of the relevant court).
- Fulfilment of accounting and fiscal obligations according all the legal stipulations:
- Establishing a set of accounts based on the specific activities of the ASBL as well as its size.
- Supporting the board of administrators in setting up and applying appropriate accounting rules.
- Drafting of the annual budget and regular follow up with the financial year results.
- All necessary bookkeeping activities, journals, annual inventories, preparation of interim financial reports.
- Drafting statutory accounts, equity balance sheet, profit and loss statement.
- Official submission of standardized accounts with the authorities if legally required or at the request of the client.
- Appropriation of possible P&L-profits in conformity with legislation for non-profit associations.
- Fiscal repercussions of real estate ownership; patrimonial taxation.
- Income tax return for the taxable operations of associations.
- VAT-status of associations.
- Legal and fiscal analysis and implications of gifts, legacies and sponsorship obtained by associations.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Leuven Accountants BVBA